Information Regarding the 2017 Victorian Endurance Series
2017 Brings us the 8th year of the formalised Victorian Endurance Series and everything is pointing to this being another great year. We have swapped a few things around with Albury becoming Round 1 and the ever popular Crazy 6 at You Yangs moving back to a July date which works the strengths of both track regarding weather. Gippsland club has chosen to rest out this year and we are in negotiations for a 4th round host. There will be no change to the rules or categories for years Series but we do want to have a strong emphasis on encouraging female participation in this great sport.
Here are some dot points on the series:
– Each race will have a 6hr Enduro and a 3hr Enduro and both are part of the series
– Teams of 2 and 3 are competing for the same podium spots. Team options are Men, Women, Mixed and Mixed 40+. Build your fastest 2 or 3 person team in your chosen category. Plus the 3rd rider in your team enters for free!
All rides in the 40+ team must be of the age of 40 on 31st Dec of the year of the series.
– Junior racing is Pairs in the 3hr series
– 40+ are solo in both the 3hr and 6hr, Mixed teams
– Solo only for 3hr Adult riders
– Round 1 at Albury (Sun 9th April) and Round 6 held by Ballarat MTB Club (Sun 15th October) are both 1.5 points bonus rounds.
The series is made up of 7 rounds hosted by various clubs and private promoters from across the Victorian MTB community and each round offers something a little different from the others. From the flat fast flowy single track, through to the classic MTB technical course.
The series has a great coverage of accessible locations throughout the state which encourages maximum participation and accessibility to all.
Each race will offer the standard enduro categories as listed below and some rounds will have additional non series categories. One thing is for sure, if it’s good fun you want then this series has it.
Juniors – For juniors who want to enter the 6 hour event can get half price entry – please contact the entry gateway (where you enter the round) for details on how to get your discount. Please note: there is NO series category for 6hr Juniors, this is to encourage competition in the 3hour Junior Pairs category.
If you’re new to the sport and thinking an Enduro could be for you, be sure to check out the “your first enduro” link, it’s bound to answer a lot of your questions. For clarification of the series rules, be sure to check out this link.
We look forward to seeing you out at an event.
Categories for series will be:
Solo 3hr – Men, Women, 40+ (Mixed), Junior Pairs
Solo 6hr – Men, Women, 40+ (Mixed)
Teams 6hr – Men, Women, Mixed, Mixed 40+